Feb 26, 2010

Aloha Friday and Friday Follow...

Over at an Island Life, they ask a question on Fridays, that requires no lengthy response. And they ask you do the same...so to have a little help with a little arguement my hubby and I have about 2 times a year (when his parents go) I am going to ask you this:

Would you take your kids to Las Vegas? If the answer is yes, what would you have an almost 2 year old do there? (cause if we go again it would be at THanksgiving).

I would prefer not ever going to Vegas again, for the simple fact that we have been 3 times since we have been together, this year at Thanksgiving being the first that we haven't went. I would rather go elsewhere that Marlee could have more fun, and quite frankly I could have more fun too. :)

This week I am also playing along with Friday Follow. Hope you join in with both, or either one! Have a great friday!

Friday Follow

28 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I haven't taken my kids to Vegas and I'm not sure I would. There probably isn't a lot for them to do there.

Stopping by from Friday Followers/AF to say hello.
Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/02/sex-addiction-whats-next-shopping-chocolate-and-baseball-addictions/

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Vegas so I couldn't fairly say, but thinking of Casinos and live shows, etc. No not so much. Maybe if there were a very kid friendly hotel...

{K} said...

I definitely wouldn't take kids to Vegas. There's plenty of other kid friendly vacations I'd rather take them on.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Vegas is one place I have never been... and really could care less about -- and the thought of taking my kids there does not interest me at all... Having to keep them entertained and happy and not being able to enjoy my time there...does not sound fun...

Night Owl Mama said...

I used to take my children to vegas all the time. My grandma used to live there. If your not into partying, or gambling you can find lots of things to do. Treasure island show, circus circus, water park, there are even drop off play centers that are sure too in the casino.
life should stop be cause you have children. u just need to adjust to them

Night Owl Mama said...

ps now following

Sarann said...

We have taken Austin to Vegas, but only spent the night to catch an early flight, it's our closest major airport. We just stayed at the hotel, we didn't really do anything special with him there. He loved looking at all the people in the hotel lobby and when we went to grab dinner in the sports book grill. You could take her swimming I guess.

The Dreamer said...

probably not. Too much night life to have to go to bed at 8

Nina said...

I have only been to Vegas once and had lots of fun but I did not have kids with me. I am not sure I could find much fun in Vegas with children by my side. It would really limit what you can do and their wouldn't be much of anything for your little one to do.

Upstatemamma said...

I do not really see the draw to take kids to Vegas but I do know some people who have and highly recommend it. But if it were me I would pick some place else. :)

MollyinMinn said...

Well I am not a huge Vegas person to begin with, so I guess I am the wrong one to ask. But no, I wouldn't choose to take my kiddos there.

Here through FF and am your newest follower!

Unknown said...

New Friday Follower here! Nice to meet you!

Melissa
Home Grown Families

Shelley said...

Visiting from "Friday Follow"..I'm your newest follower! Love for you to come visit me!

Have a great weekend!
~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

Anonymous said...

The Vegas I like to do is not very kid friendly. Thanks for supporting Friday Follow. Have a wonderful weekend. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

Michelle Faith said...

Happy friday follow, I'm a new follower!
Stop buy blissful babble soon :)
Gods blessings on your weekend

Tired Mom Tésa said...

Nope. I wouldn't take the kids. Mine are only preschoolers but even so I don't know that I'd take any kids under 10. There's just so much drunkin debauchery right on the sidewalks and there's always those people sticking those "escort" and strip club cards in your face I wouldn't want to have to explain that when we're just trying to make our way from one kid friendly location to the other.

Kimberly said...

Here from the Friday Follow. You have a great looking site. Hope to get to know you better soon. Stop on by and follow me so we can comment to each other often.

Mandee said...

Following you from Friday follow.

Have a great weekend!
http://raisingmy4sons.com

Unknown said...

Happy Friday Follow! I'm your newest following friend. I'd love for you to drop by my blog sometime. While you're there, you can enter to win a 10x10 Photographic Print by Red Leaf Photography that is amazing!! I hope to see you around soon!!

http://savingsandstewardship.blogspot.com

Xenia said...

My hubby and I took a trip to Vegas a few months ago and had a great time... but one of the things that we would point out to each other were the crazy people that were there with young kids (we left our girls with my in-laws). Just when Mom and Dad wanted to go out and see the town, their kids were tired and had to be dragged around in a stroller - it never looked pleasant. So my vote is for no to bringing kids to Las Vegas!

Stopping by from Friday Follow! Have a great weekend!

http://www.thanksmailcarrier.com

So Who Is The Crayon Wrangler? said...

Following from FF!

I personally would not take my kids to Las Vegas. I am pretty sure that they have something for small kids, but I just don't think I could handle the atmosphere + kids.

Good luck winning the argument (ya know...we always win!)

Cher said...

Hi! Now following you! Happy Follow Friday! I would love a follow back and make sure you check out all my fabulous giveaways!

Erica said...

We have taken the kid to vegas my husband had a basketball tournament out there, we stayed in a hotel off the strip that wasnt connected to a casino and spent most of the time in the pool since there wasn't much else for them to do there, we tried circus circus but I couldn't deal with all the smoke that was a very short trip. I would definitely look into other family vacation spots. :) Have a great weekend

Erica @But Mommy...

Unknown said...

I have never been to Vegas and never want to go. I probably wouldnt take my kids there if I went.

I'm following you from Friday Follow!
Heather
http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

Twincerely,Olga said...

if thats what you want to do why not? you can have a greta time just knnow their limits!!! Aloha

HilLesha O'Nan said...

Happy Follow Friday!

Please check out my blog at http://www.tothemotherhood.com.

Brandi said...

Hey there! Visiting from Follow Friday! Had to stop by a fellow "Brandi" and visit. I'm following now and would love it if you would visit my site as well!

www.fivemonkies.com

Anonymous said...

Vegas looks great! I'm a new follower of friendly Friday follow, please follow me back.
Thanks, Mr. Monkey

http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/

Figuring it out one day at a time...